1. Futures point down on the major indexes to start the week after a great rally last Thursday and Friday. See “US futures wilt against Fed caution, rising yields” – Bloomberg. Also see “Goldman Sacks expects significant decline in US inflation in 2023” – Reuters.
2. Bitcoin opens right around $16,800 after a frightening week in the world of crypto currencies. Bitcoin is down 65% year to date.
3. The entire value of FTX, the crypto exchange has essentially been wiped out. See “FTX’s bust and crypto crash come with two silver linings” – Yahoo Finance.
4. The Nasdaq is down 27.62% YTD while the S&P is down 16.22% and the Dow down 7.13%.
5. The 10 largest US companies by market cap. 1) Apple 2) Microsoft 3) Google 4) Amazon 5) Berkshire Hathaway 6) Tesla 7) United Health 8) Exxon Mobil 9) J&J 10) Visa.
Apple is down nearly 15% YTD.
The 4 largest are worth a trillion or more.
6. Meta is now a $300 billion dollar company after having been a trillion-dollar company.
7. The top 10 by revenues.1) Walmart 2) Amazon 3) Apple 4) Exxon Mobil 5) United Health 6) CVS 7) Google 8) McKesson 9) Berkshire 10) Amerisource Bergen.
8. Thrilled to visit with Justin Breen and Elizabeth Hutson today on the Becker Private Equity & Business Podcast.
9. The 20 most listened to guests on the Becker’s Healthcare podcast. 1) Dina Velocci, Former President at AANA 2) Don Sinko, Chief Integrity Officer at Cleveland Clinic 3) Justin Oppenheimer, COO and Chief Strategy Officer at Hospital for Special Surgery 4) Scott Powder, President at Advocate Aurora Enterprises 5) Malinka Walaliyadde and Benjamin Beadle-Ryby, Co-Founders of Akasa 6) Onisis Stefas, CEO & Chief Pharmacy Officer 7) Suzette Oyeku, Division Chief at Montefiore Health System 8) Molly Gamble, Editor in Chief at Becker’s Healthcare 9) Philip Eichenholz, CEO of Sound Physicians 10) Denzil Ross 11) Gary Baker, Regional CEO at HonorHealth 12) Chris Bergman, CFO 13) John Chessare, CEO at GBMC Health System 14) Sanjeev Agrawal, President & COO at LeanTaaS 15) Phil Kambic, CEO at Riverside Healthcare 16) Gary Guthart, CEO of Intuitive 17) Tracy Belsan, Market President at PE GI Solutions 18) Eugene Woods, CEO of Atrium Health 19) Rod Hochman CEO of Providence 20) Julie Yoo, GP Andreessen Horowitz
10. Latest midterm election expectations. 1) US Senate ends up with 50 or 51 seats for Democrats. 2) US House ends up with 219 to 221 seats for Republicans. 3) Governorships will likely end up 26 Republican to 24 Democrat. This had been 28 to 22.
P.S. Thank you Jeremy Corr
P.P.S. See “Demand for Chief Medical Officer roles skyrocketed during pandemic” – Yahoo Finance.