10 stories we are following this am.
1. The markets fell yesterday and look poised to fall today. The S&P 500 dropped .8%, the Nasdaq 1.5% and the Dow .1%. Futures point down today. See “US futures slip as Fedspeak dashes rate pause hope”. Bloomberg.
2. “More Americans tap home equity for financial safety net”. See WSJ. Adding more debt may be the opposite of adding to financial safety.
3. Target dropped nearly 14% on weak sales and margins. Walmart in contrast reported upbeat earnings.
4. Great to visit with former Cleveland Clinic President of International operating on the Becker’s Healthcare podcast. The brilliant Rakesh M. Suri, MD, DPhil now serves as President and Chief Medical Officer of Fountain Life. Fountain Life is founded by Peter H. Diamandis Tony Robbins and others. Thank you David Schull for the introduction.
5. The 1 year treasury opens at 4.630%. It’s 52 week range is .376 to 4.878%.
6. Oil opens close to $85 a barrel.
7. The Republicans officially have won a majority of the House of Representatives.
8. The 10 year treasury bond yield has fallen to 3.69% on longer term views that a recession will be coming. It’s 52 week range is 1.34 to 4.33%.
10. Bitcoin has dropped to $16500.